Email : ekamraniATgmail.com
Ehsan Kamrani received the Ph.D. degree in biomedical engineering from Polytechnique Montreal, Canada, in 2014. His research
focuses on wireless theranostics Bio-Optoelectronics and wearable/implantable smart biosensors for photomedicine and
ocular/neurovascular disease. He was a Research Assistant with the Polystim Neurotechnologies Laboratory of Montreal, Canada,
from 2009 to 2014, and appointed as a Visiting Scholar with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA, and a
Research Assistant with the Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA, from 2012 to 2014. He was a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
and Visiting Scholar with the Biomedical Nanomaterials Laboratory, POSTECH, Pohang, Korea, in 2014. Since 2014, he has been
with Harvard-MIT Health Science and Technology and the Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge,
where he is involved in an active bio-optics project for developing novel innovative technologies by integration of photonics and
biological system aiming at developing a novel diagnostic optical instrument for medical applications. He is a Technical Committee of
IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society on Wearable Biomedical Sensors and Systems and a member of IEEE Solid-State
Circuits Society, the Institute of Physics, the Optical Society of America, and the International Society for Optics and Photonics. He
was a recipient of 15 awards, including the Best Paper Awards from CFSC’03, ACFAS’12, MIOMD’12, and the 2013 Polytechnique
Research and Innovation Award.
1. Postdoc, Bio-Optics, Harvard-MIT Health Science and Technology, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA, USA.
2. Postdoc, Smart Biomedical Nanomaterials, MSE, Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH), South Korea.
3. PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Polytechnique Montreal, Montreal, Qc, Canada, January 2014.
4. MSc in Electrical-Control and Instrumentations Engineering, TMU, Tehran, Iran, 2005.
5. BSc in Biomedical Engineering, SBMU, Tehran, Iran, 2002.
6. Diploma in Mathematics and Physics, Iran, 1998.
1. Technical Committee of IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society on Wearable Biomedical Sensors and Systems.
2. Visiting Scholar at POSTECH, South Korea and Harvard-MIT health science and technology, Cambridge, USA,(2012-2014).
3. Research assistant at Polystim Neurotechnologies lab, Montreal, Canada (2009-2014) and Harvard University (2012-2014).
4. Academic Member-Instructor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, LU, Iran (2005-2009).
5. Editorial/Committee member and Reviewer in several ISI Journals and Conferences (IEEE, EMB, CAS, …).
6. Biomedical-Electrical Engineer, at several companies including Metaco, Saadat, Imen-Ijaz, etc., from 1998.
7. Coordinator/Co-Chair of IEEE Montreal Solid-State Circuits Society (SSCS), 2013-2014.
1. Wearable and Implantable Smart Biosensors.
2. Wireless Theranostics Bio-Optoelectronics and Photomedicine.
3. Ocular and Neurovascular Disease.
Selected Honors and Awards:
1. Technical Committee of IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society on Wearable Biomedical Sensors and Systems (2015- 2017).
2. The Best Paper Award at 12th Research and Innovation Symposium of Polytechnique Montreal, Canada, May 2013.
3. The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and Institute Community Support (ICS) Travel Award, 2013.
4. The Best Paper award in 11th International Conference on Infrared Optoelectronics, Chicago, IL, USA, 4 - 8 September 2012.
5. The Best Poster award in 11th International Conference on Infrared Optoelectronics, Chicago, IL, USA, 4 - 8 Sept. 2012.
6. The Best Poster award in 80thReSMiQ-ACFAS Conference on Microsystems and Networking, Palais des Congrès, Montréal, May7th, 2012.
7. The First place in Annual ReSMiQ/ACFAS symposium poster competition award on Microsystems and networking, Montréal, May 2012.
8. Premier International PhD Scholarships award, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 2009.
9. International PhD Scholarships award, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Polytechnique University of Montreal, Canada, 2009.
10. The Best Researchers award, Iranian elites association, Lorestan, IRAN, October, 2007 and November, 2008.
11. The Best Paper award in the 6th annual Iranian Computer Conference (CFSC2003), Science& Tech. Univ., Tehran, Iran, Nov. 26-27, 2003.
Publishing more than 70 papers in peer reviewed journals (IEEE, IOP, JBiSE, JSST,…) and international Conferences (IEEE, EMBS, CAS, SPIE,
…), 5 patents. The 2013 top 20 articles at JSST, THE 2014 top 10 article at JSENS and top 5 papers at OJMI. Several invited and regular talks in the